J.D. and Jake were up early on Christmas morning and went down to check out their stockings. (I guess we forgot to remind them the night before to come and get us, but then we still have Janalynn in our room and we get mad at them on regular mornings if they come in and wake us and wake her, so I guess we can't be too mad.) Anyway, they were excited to come tell us what they found when they heard Janalynn awake. (Her Christmas gift to me was to spend lots of time with me in the middle of the night since she woke up several times--I was REALLY tired.) The best part was Jake's comment that "Santa brought me what I asked for even though I made grouchy noises." (We have been threatening him all month because he has been quite grouchy.) Here are Jake, J.D., and Janalynn with the Santa gifts.

When Joey woke up, all the kids came down and started to play with their toys. Janalynn loved eating the play food she got to go with her shopping cart.


Joey got a Thomas the train Lego set and a scooter. He wasn't being very cooperative when I was trying to take pictures. That is why he isn't in the second picture.


J.D. and Jake both got Lego sets (J.D. Star Wars and Jake Lego City) and a Lego Storage Drawer (Can you guess that Mom talked Jake into asking for this. He was really excited about it, though.) The day after Christmas we sorted all the Legos by color and put them in it. (See Chatty Walls for the sticker source.)

J.D. and Jake spent most of the day at the kitchen table putting Legos together.

Jim let me take a little nap on the couch while he baked the Christmas Carol roll for breakfast, then we had a yummy breakfast of Christmas Carol roll, bacon, and fruit. Before we put Janalynn down for a nap, we let everyone open one gift. Mine was a new camera. It is another point and shoot, but 7 megapixels better and great features. I was excited since my old one was 5 years old. (J.D. will be taking the old one over for some new and improved YouTube videos.) Here's Janalynn opening her gift.
After Janalynn's nap was over (and eating a little lunch), we opened the rest of our gifts. Janalynn's favorite part was the ribbon on the gifts.
We spent the rest of the afternoon playing and relaxing. None of the boys even got out of their pajamas! Joey was not too happy when Janalynn wanted to share his train set with him.
I did catch this priceless moment when all three boys were playing with the Matchbox sets they got from their Arizona cousins. No fighting for a whole 15 minutes or so!

We also spent several hours on Skype with the grandparents. The boys loved showing them their gifts. (J.D. especially enjoyed showing them the calendar he made at school for us.)
I was going to make a somewhat fancy (but easy) Christmas dinner, but in the end I just made an omelet to go with the leftover Christmas Carol roll and that had been our Christmas breakfast.

We even ate in the dining room (mostly because the kitchen table was covered with Legos). We had a wonderful Christmas and hope all of you did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment