Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cookout & Hoedown!

Jim and I were able to join J.D. at his school for lunch on the day of the school Cookout and Hoedown. The funny part was that J.D. doesn't like hamburgers, so Jim and I ate the school lunch and he ate a lunch from home. J.D. enjoyed us eating lunch with him at his desk.


After lunch, Jim and I did some volunteer work for the PTA helping with the Cookout, then we got our seats for the Hoedown. It was fun for J.D. to have one of his friends from church as his partner. They danced well together.


Here is a short representative video of their dancing. They were right in front in the center and the audience was seated around the sides and back, so we didn't have a great angle for filming. Just watch for the striped shirt and the Woody hat.





Here's J.D with a friend from his class during dance where they pretended to be a cactus.


He did a great job and this year, he walked and danced normally in his boots because he had practiced wearing them the week before.

Unfortunately, although Grandma flew into town on her way home from Florida that afternoon, she was not able to get here in time for the Hoedown. She has to watch the video with the rest of you.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow, you really are in Texas, aren't you! How cute is that, a hoedown! I love the cactus picture.