Monday, September 8, 2008

J.D.'s Homework

J.D. has been begging to have homework since he started school. (I will remind him of this in junior high and high school when I have to nag him to do his homework.) So, finally on Thursday, his teacher sent home a worksheet for him to fill out that told about his family. He was supposed to glue a picture of his family to it. I told him he could use the family picture we took at Christmas, but he wanted to use a picture of our family on the stairs. The last picture we took of our family on the stairs was a few weeks after Joey was born and I didn't think that was a representative picture of me (still big as a house) and Joey, so I convinced him we could take a new one and print it out. We did this on Saturday right before dinner. Joey is getting all four of his incisors right now and has been a bit cranky, so this is the best we could do.




Oh, well, it's real!!!


Here is the rest of the answers to J.D.'s homework. He wrote the answers, I just told him how to spell the words (he still writes in all caps).

My family likes to eat: BANANAS PIZZA.

My family enjoys going to: READY SET PLAY.

My family likes to play: CANDYLAND WII.

My family works together when we: PICK UP TOYS.

The special times my family celebrates are: CHRISTMAS BIRTHDAYS [graphic of birthday cake] VALENTINES DAY [graphic of heart]

6 comments:

Janssen said...

I definitely remember wanting homework too, but now I'm WELL past that point. :)

Jamie said...

I feel for you. Juliet just cut 2 molars and she was a beast for 2 weeks. She's been very happy the last couple of days and I hope it lasts a little longer. Have a great week!

Lorena said...

Beautiful picture...and yes, keep this as a bargaining tactic in junior high...you'll need it.

Stephanie T said...

So cute, that first year of school is so fun. Make that the first two years, until all of a sudden you realize that not only do they have your kids for 7 hours all day long they give enough homework for another 1 1/2 hours of schoolwork at home, and they are only in 2nd grade and it is the first week of school! Do I sound bitter:-)

Emily said...

Don't be a dork! You're certainly not big. You look terrific and your family is beautiful. Wow, the blessings at your house are just over flowing! Cute kid you have to want homework so badly. He'll be an excellent student if he keeps heading in the same direction he is now!

Meredith said...

I remember when our kindergarten homework started like that...find 3 things in your home shaped like a circle and draw a picture of it...that continued for a week thru all the shapes. Then we got phonograms and spelling words and math. My 2nd grader is diagramming sentences and doing multiplication homework. It is sick. She asked me to clarify wheat I homonym was...I wasn't quite sure!