Monday, June 2, 2008

Celebrating Nine Years

We celebrated our Ninth Wedding Anniversary this week. I decided we needed a night away because we haven't had one since moving to Texas, so I surprised Jim with a quick getaway. We got our nanny to spend the night with the kids and we went to downtown Austin for the night. We checked into the Driskill Hotel, then walked to The Melting Pot for dinner (one of our favorites). On our walk back, we strolled along Sixth Street to check out the famous Austin live music scene. It was quite an interesting site. We didn't go in to any of the bars, but saw some interesting people including an old guy in a bikini who actually filled out the bikini on top. The funniest thing to me was the following sign (this is mostly for Tim):


The next morning we went on a Segway tour near Town Lake (aka Lady Bird Lake).


Here is some video I took with my new toy (the subject of another post). First Jim right after orientation:

Now me after orientation:

Now Jim after we had been out for a while, seeing what he could do on the grass.

After our tour we had a late breakfast, then headed home. We had a fun time and it was nice to get away even for just the night!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I've always wondered how those Segway things were to drive. Looks like you guys did great and had a nice time. Congrats on your aniversary!

Lorena said...

Shucks...I was hoping you would have gotten a picture of Bikini Boy!

I love the night getaways...

Tammy said...

CONGRAULATIONS on 9 Years.. We are right behind you.

Meredith said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Yes, everyone needs to get away. It is a must. I have a friend who has been married for 12 years, their oldest is 10, and they have never been away without their kids and are going to Hawaii next month...she is freaking out! The kids will survive, we keep promising her!