Monday, June 9, 2008

Garden Update

It has been almost three months since we started our garden. I just thought I would give an update on how things are growing in the garden and on the fruit trees.

Figs. So, I've never had figs other than dried ones or in a fig newton. Anybody have ideas for the 50 zillion figs I have growing in my backyard?

Oranges

Grapes

Apples


Pommegranates

Big Beefsteak tomato (I put my beautifully manicured thumb there for a size comparison)

Spinach (in with the weeds)


Pumpkin


Canteloupe

Strawberries

Yellow Pepper


Green Pepper

Red Pepper

Sweet 100 Tomatoes

So now, I just have to hope that it all stays alive during our vacation.

5 comments:

chelon:) said...

the garden looks amazing! nice job corbett family!!

Meredith said...

Those are fantastic pictures. I am so jealous. I don't know if I yet have the patience to try to grow much here. I have done some tomatoes and peppers and herbs though.

Sara said...

Lookin' good, Jodi! I'm excited for your family to enjoy the "fruits" of your labor. I don't have any idea what to do with figs, though.

Tammy said...

Well I know where I am coming in a food shortage. LOL. That is awesome. You must feel so proud.

Emily said...

I saw your beautifully manicured thumb and I am surprised that it wasn't green because your first time garden is amazing! I want a garden so bad!