Sunday, October 19, 2008

BYU v. TCU Game

On Thursday, Jim and I drove to Ft. Worth with two friends to watch the BYU football team play Texas Christian University (TCU). (Thanks again, Nana, for watching the boys so we could go.)

We went to the Alumni tailgate party before the game where we ate, bought some BYU gear, got some pics (see below), and Jim got Ty Detmer to sign a football for him. It was all pretty fun until the game started and the BYU team played pretty poorly (they had been undefeated before this game). We had to hear the purple horned frog (yes, that is the TCU mascot) blow its horn that sounded like a train WAYYYY too many times. We got home after 2:00 a.m. and were pretty tired, but it was fun despite the loss of the game.

I left the boys alone for three minutes at the tailgate party and this is what they did--take a picture with the BYU cheerleaders! :)


Jim and his pals with Ty Detmer:

Us at the game:

9 comments:

Emily said...

I love those moments away with just my husband and I. It doesn't happen often enough. I bet you had a wonderful time, especially your husband and his picture taking moments! :) )

Bart said...

I was receiving regular updates at a KPMG recruiting event that night from a TCU alum. It just kept getting worse. Texas is now our only hope.

But I'm glad you guys had fun!

Meredith said...

Steve watches football on TV. I guess less hurt when they lose and you didn't spend all the $$! UNC doesn't get out here much...we did go see them play ASU a few years back. Those cheerleaders look REALLY young next to their older, more distinguished fan! :)

Kyle said...

I'm so glad you found me! Too bad we don't live close...that's fun we are having our 4th babies at the exact same time (and if I remember correctly we will both be celebrating our 10th Anniversary on May 29th)...it's like we are living parralell lives :)
We will have to keep in touch! Why are you guys living in Texas...do you love it?

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!! My Dad used to love Ty Detmer. He's a BYU man.

The Thomas Crew said...

Jody!! Glad you tracked us down and it was a blast to look at your kidlets :) Just to think it seems like yesterday we walked at night and you were pregnant with JD. Wow how time flys!! Let's keep in touch.

Anna said...

I just caught up on your blog (I love the cute comments, by the way). Pregnant?!?! Wow! So exciting!!!! Okay, I promise to call or you call me and we will get together. I hope you feel better SOON!

Jeannie said...

Hook 'em Horns!!! :)

JENNY said...

Jodi,
It was fun to hear from you... isn't it amazing what these blogs can do to hook up old friends? Looks like your family is growing, and you look great! hope all is well in TX