Monday, November 24, 2008

Reflections

The main reason I haven't had much time to blog lately is because I volunteered to be the Reflections Chair for the PTA at J.D.'s school this year. The judging was a few weeks ago and then we held a Gallery Night on Monday to showcase the winners and pass out awards. It was all a lot of work, but I guess it was worth it because J.D.'s astronaut picture was selected to go on to the District level. The theme for this year was "Wow!" and he called his picture "Outer Space is Cool." His artist statement--reason why the picture fit the theme was "I want to be an astronaut when I grow up." Here he is with his medal and picture.



(Right before I had to print all of the certificates on our printer at home, Jim was trying to fix our wireless router and decided that he would have to reinstall Windows and basically wipe all programs and documents off of our hard drive. So, I hurried to print all of the certificates and now cannot replicate them since I don't have the same fonts. Gotta love & hate technology.)

Here is J.D. and me with a close-up of the certificate:



As a kindergartner, I don't think J.D. quite understands what is going on with the awards, etc. I had told him he was going to come to the school to see if he won a prize and when he got there he seemed disappointed with the medal and said, "Oh, I thought I was getting a toy or something." Then he looked around at the other award tables and told me, "Well, at least the kids at the other tables got bookmarks." (He thought the ribbons were bookmarks.) I think he will appreciate it at some point, though.

No comments: