Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School

Jake and J.D. started school on Tuesday last week. J.D. is in second grade and Jake is in Kindergarten. They were both pretty excited, even though we had to get up really early to get to school. When we went to meet J.D.'s teacher and see his classroom the Friday before school started, J.D. was so excited to be starting school and finding out which friends would be in his class that he was jumping up and down.

Here are the boys ready to head out the door on their first day of school.

Here's a side shot to see their backpacks.

When we got to the school, we dropped J.D. off at the gym to go find the spot where his classmates were waiting for their teacher. Since he is starting his third year at the school, he knows his way around.

Then Jake and I went to find his teacher and class in the cafeteria. The kindergartners get to wear this nifty tag pinned to their shirt for the first few days of school with their name and other info. He was pretty excited to be there, even though he really needs lots of sleep and I think he was pretty tired. (His natural blank look is a turned down mouth that looks like a frown and I kept looking over and he looked like he was frowning, but I think he was just sitting there staring into space.) He gave a great smile for the camera, though!

He seemed happy to go on his way when his class left to go to their classroom and I almost shed a tear. (I can't blame it on pregnancy hormones this time, though!)

I went to the school on the second day to help Jake's class with lunch. He loves to eat school lunch and, with the new re-vamped school lunch menu, he even had a salad on the first day!

The first week went well. Jake caught up on some sleep by falling asleep on the couch on Wednesday night at about 6:30 p.m. and sleeping until just after 7:00 a.m. the next morning.

No comments: