Friday, July 3, 2009

Exploring Austin with the Uncles

Before Jim's brothers, Mike and Greg, left after the birthday festivities, we were able to do some sight-seeing in downtown Austin. We went to the State Capitol and walked around downtown a little bit, then had some lunch.

Here we all are in front of the Capitol.


Joey's favorite part of the State Capitol was driving Thomas the train on the marble floor.

Here's a cool view of the inside of the dome. (If you click on the picture to enlarge, you can see "T-E-X-A-S" spelled around the lone star.)


Here we all are on one of the levels looking up and down.

Here's the floor right under the dome that shows the six flags (countries) that have flown over Texas--can you name them?


After I took the two youngest home for naps, the rest of the gang went to Wild About Music and Zilker Park. I wasn't there to take pictures and Mike hasn't e-mailed the ones he took yet (hint, hint), so there are none to post.

To cap the evening off, we took everyone to Mighty Fine for burgers, fries, and shakes. Thanks for coming to visit, Uncle Mike and Uncle Greg (and Nana).

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love the Texas State Capital. Dave was commissioned there and it was so beautiful! I love the designs and all the beautiful artwork...

by the way, I only knew of 5 of the flags. I forgot the Confederacy!