Friday, July 3, 2009

Jim's Anti-Climatic 40th Birthday

It was a good thing we celebrated Jim's birthday early because he ended up having to work late on the actual day. The kids and I still wanted to celebrate (and some of them were going to be in bed before he got home), so we took him some Mighty Fine food for dinner and brought him a cupcake with a candle. The cupcake idea didn't work out too well because he just came out to the parking lot and the A/C was blasting in the van and it was windy outside. We were all wearing our t-shirts that said "Jim Corbett's 40th Birthday" too. Oh well, we tried.

Jake had fallen asleep on the way there, so he was really out of it when we sang "Happy Birthday" and Joey was mad because he just wanted to eat fries and drink lemonade.

Happy Birthday, Jim!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!

Kyle said...

Jody...most of Lucy's bows I make and some I have boughten (the one in the post you commented on I made when Samantha was a baby)...but my FAVORITE flower headbands come from


http://www.sugarplumboutique.net/

She makes the best flowers I have seen and my favorite headbands come from her! She is a little bit pricier than other sites I have seen...but worth it I think! If you want some cheaper ones let me know!
I wish you lived closer so I could meet your little JanaLynn :)