Friday, February 22, 2008

$4.95 CAN buy you a little piece of mind

Two days ago, Joey figured out how to open doors. Since we have the lever door handles pictured here




it is not difficult for an almost one-year-old who is already walking to reach up and open the door. This created a huge problem for me because he usually roams around in several areas of the house with bathrooms and I usually just keep the doors closed to keep him out. Now that will change!
Luckily, one of the last things I did before driving away from our vacant house in Arizona was to find a screwdriver that hadn't already been packed and remove the childlocks (that I had previously purchased for $4.95 each) from the bathroom doors. Ever since, they have been sitting in my bathroom just waiting for the day that I would be trying to keep Joey out of rooms. So, twenty minutes after Joey barged in on me while I was in the bathroom, I had three bathrooms newly outfitted with these little wonders:


$4.95 really can buy some piece of mind.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

OK, that does not look as obnoxious as some other lever handle child proofing I have seen! The other ones I had seen were huge and bulky. Luckily, we have not needed them...probably will with our 3rd though! :)