Thursday, February 28, 2008
Kids Learn Sarcasm at an Early Age
I was helping J.D. change his clothes and he said, "Thanks for hurting me." I was confused because I didn't get what he meant so I asked him and he said, "I said, 'Thanks for hurting me.' That's what you always say. You always say, 'Thanks for waking up Joey.'" All I could do was start laughing that my five-year-old child understood the meaning of sarcasm. When I told Jim about it later he told me that J.D. wouldn't have learned sarcasm so early if I wasn't sarcastic all the time. I don't think I am sarcastic that often, but I do always get mad at the other boys when they wake Joey up from his nap early and I do say, "Thanks for waking Joey up."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Um I don't think that it is too Ironic that JD knows sarcams because it is written in your earlier blog entry! (I have always loved that wallpaper!) Haha
Post a Comment