
It was the Ritz Carlton on Canal Street. A great place to relax by myself! (So wierd to travel without any kids--I haven't done that in a long time). I was in a seminar most of the day on Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday night, I went with some colleagues to dinner at a restaurant in the French Quarter named K-Paul's. The food was really good. (The food was definitely the highlight of the trip.)
Friday morning I ordered beignets from room service because I certainly couldn't take a trip to New Orleans without eating some. They are delicious!!!
Friday, I was in a seminar most of the day and then flew home. It was a fun trip and I learned a lot, but it was nice to be home. (Thanks to Jeannie and Carleen for taking J.D. to/from school.) I think it was more work to arrange what the kids would be doing while I was gone than to actually go on the trip. This is why I don't often go on business trips!
3 comments:
I would love to go there some day...
I've always thought New Orleans would be a fun place to visit!
Interesting that you were waiting for Katrina so you could go to New Orleans. :) Most people were trying to get out when Katrina was there. :) ha ha ha I'm so funny, huh? :) It sounds like it was a nice place. (at least where you were) My brother in law was driving through there a few weeks ago and he didn't have such a favorable report. Glad you experienced the good. :)
Post a Comment