Sunday, December 6, 2009

How We Celebrated the First Snow of the Season

We have some great neighbors that live on either side of us that have become great friends over the past three years since we moved here. We had been planning a couples night at The Melting Pot for this past Friday with them and another couple, that also lives nearby, for over a month because it was the first time we could all fit it in our schedules. Then I heard the weather forecast earlier in the week and they kept predicting snow and ice for Friday, so I wasn't sure if we would make it. Well, we did get some snow (a few flurries for about 10 minutes that didn't stick to anything) and it was cold (in the thirties all day--not used to that here!), but there was no ice and we were still able to go. (For you non-Texans--the place shuts down if there is ice or snow on the roads. You would think the world is coming to an end, but I guess they just aren't used to it or prepared to deal with it.)

We had a wonderful time. I forgot to take my camera, but Jeannie took some great pictures and blogged about it here. I haven't laughed so hard in a while and it was a great break and fun night out. Thanks, guys!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I'm so happy that we made it there through the storm! hehe Gotta love Texas! :)

That was tons of fun, I can't wait until next time!