Thursday, December 17, 2009

Update

Here is an update on a couple of things that have happened the past week or so. Janalynn is on the move. She is now pulling herself up to things (furniture, the fire place, etc.). Here she is so proud of herself for pulling up to the fireplace to get some paper she wasn't supposed to have.



Yesterday we did our annual gingerbread house decorating. I bought a kit that required mixing the frosting and putting it in the bag. It was really annoying for me, but the boys still had fun decorating. J.D. and Jake each got a side of the house to decorate. Here is Jake's side:


Here is J.D.'s side:



J.D. also made another video and posted it on YouTube. Here it is for your viewing pleasure.




We are trying to do a few last minute Christmas preparations this week and then we are also going to do some painting, decorating, and re-arranging of the kids' rooms over the holidays. So even though we won't have any company for Christmas this year, it will be busy.

5 comments:

Beccalynn81 said...

Janalynn is so cute! I can't believe she is already old enough to be doing so much! I haven't even seen her yet and ya'll live around the corner! Have fun rearranging, but enjoy the holidays! I plan to move Andrew out of his crib in January or February and move him to his new room. I know it will be a challenge, but he is so big to still be in a crib. Take care!

Meredith said...

Always buy the kit at Costco. I have learned that one the hard way! It still looks cute and the kids have fun even if it makes mommy nuts. Janalynn is a doll!!!

SuzyQ said...

Amen to the Costco gingerbread kit....so much easier and the frosting actually holds everything together... Janalynn is getting so big! I think you need to keep J.D. going on the little movies...I'm telling you...he's going to be working for Disney someday and we will all see his name in the credits at the end of the movies we take our kids to see!

Ashley said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe Janalynn is already pulling herself up!

Janssen said...

Very cute gingerbread kits. And wow, does Janalynn look like a Corbett or what? You have a mold!