He is so excited that he can now go on YouTube and see his own video. He even started talking about getting ratings and comments. And to think that my family didn't even have a computer when I was his age. Times have changed!!!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
J.D.'s YouTube Debut
J.D. has been a fan of YouTube for the past year. Recently, he began seeing videos made by other kids of Star Wars Legos and Thomas trains. So, he kept bugging me to let him make a video and post it on YouTube. He used my little FlipVideo camera to make some Thomas videos, but I haven't had time to edit and post them yet. A couple of days ago he asked me how people made the Star Wars Lego movies and made the characters move without using their hands. I told him that the people making the videos made them by taking a picture with a camera, then moving the character a little bit, then taking another picture, etc. until the movie was over. He decided to try it out. So he set up his scene with his Legos and used his digital camera that he got for his birthday a couple of years ago and took about 50 pictures. Then he wanted to know how he could add sound, so Jim and I found some free software that we could use to make a slideslow animation and add sound (his narration). So, without further ado, here is J.D.'s first film. He calls it Star Wars Lego-The Snow Buddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am SO excited to show this to Trevor tomorrow!!! We will be sure to comment on YouTube for him, he's going to love it! Great job J.D.!!
Tell J.D. that Tosh thinks he did an awesome job! :)
Nice work J.D....maybe you'll work for Disney someday!!
This is fun! Good job!
Thanks about the disney thing. I want to work for Pixar when I grow up!
-J.D.
Post a Comment