Sunday, May 18, 2008

Father & Sons Outing

Jim took J.D. and Jake camping with our ward (church congregation) for the annual Father & Sons Outing on Friday. They went to a campground just north of here (a 30 minute drive or so) for just one night. Jim took the camera with him, but forgot to take pictures because it is usually me who is behind the camera reminding us to take pictures of things. Luckily, J.D. decided to draw a picture of the campout for us, so I'll post it.



(J.D.'s preschool teacher tells me it is totally normal for kids to write backwards at this age and he often does--it is not the scanning that made things backwards.) He told me that he drew tents, the bathrooms, him and Jake and some friends, a stand with a lantern on it, roads, and of course, trees. J.D. and Jake had a lot of fun. J.D. told me there was a lake there and a playground. J.D. sounded disappointed that they only stayed one night. Oh well, there is always next year!

P.S. While Jim and the older boys were gone, Joey and I went over to a friend's house to scrapbook and play games. Joey went to sleep in their play pen at 7:30 and when I left at midnight and put him in the van he woke up, but didn't cry. It took him about 45 minutes of babbling in his crib after we got home to go back to sleep, but he made the transfer okay, then slept in the next morning so I could. That was really nice!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Maxine writes a couple letters backwards but mainly numbers. We've been practicing her writing this last month because I realized she always starts at the bottom of the line to write letters instead of the top. Woopsy.

Meredith said...

I guess my girls won't be going on too many father's and son's campouts, eh? that is why we did the girls day out with shopping and pedis!

I love how JD wrote his name!

Meredith said...

And I meant to add that Lindsay's kinder teacher last year said that it is still normal in kindergarten to write backwards and they still get full credit. Lindsay was writing d's and b's backward all year.