Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I've seen several posts today from friends who have written wonderful tributes to their mothers. It made me reflect on the many things that make my own mother special to me and also the things that I admire about my mother-in-law. So here are just a few:

My mom is a good listener, she gives very thoughtful gifts, she is a great seamstress, she is a wonderful Grandma, and she has taught me so many things about being a mother.

My mother-in-law is always prepared for the grandkids, she has lots of energy, she does a lot of service in her community, she is a patient teacher, and she did a good job raising my husband!


My younger boys were a little grouchy today (they were tired), but all of the boys in our house did some nice things to make my Mother's Day special. (Notice the boy's new haircuts if you can see them.)

J.D. was really excited for Mother's Day and he made me lots of things. At school he made
a tissue flower (pictured here with the flowers Jim got me)--J.D. pointed out that his flower would never die and the other ones would
and a hand/flower picture. He also made me a hand picture at church.
Jakey made me a macaroni necklace at church (I am wearing it in the picture above). My big gift was a portable flood light so I can garden at night.

Jim gave this to me yesterday so I could use it last night and after I lathered my arms and legs with bug spray, I pulled weeds from 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. last night. It was awesome. The only thing missing was something to listen to while I worked, so I downloaded a book from iTunes and will be listening to it on Jim's iPod next time I weed.
Hope all of you mothers had a great day today!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Are the weeds that out of control? At least you know your garden is good at growing plants!! That's always good! I have a cherry tomato plant that has 20 little tomatoes on it and I'm excited for them to ripen!

Meredith said...

Super duper sweet. I was still trying to name my daughter and didn't think of doing a mom tribute. I have enjoyed every time I got to meet your mom! I wrote a long tribute to my mom on her birthday in November. I really do miss her - you are lucky that you have such great moms around you, even if they are far away!