Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's a Girl!!!

I still really can't believe it, but we searched and searched for boy parts during the ultrasound and none could be found. I guess I really won't believe it until she is born, but until then we will go with the fact that we are having a girl. Here is what the boys woke up to find on Christmas morning to tell them whether they would be getting a little brother or sister:


(See the sidebar for the conversation between Jake and J.D. about the Dora Mermaid doll for the significance of that.)

She wasn't very cooperative during the ultrasound, so we didn't even get a very good profile picture (she's got her hand over her face). Here's the best we could do (and it is even worse quality because I couldn't get my scanner to work so I had to take a picture of the picture):

19 comments:

Nana said...

I am so thrilled that you are having a girl. J.D. tells me her name will be Janie (cute). Keep us posted on all of the exciting events. I love you,
Banana

Jeannie said...

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I can't wait to meet little Jeannie!!!! ;)

soupr_mom said...

YEAH!! We can't wait until May!! time to start shopping for pinks and purples... :)

Mark and Karen said...

Congrats! Girls are so fun but get ready for the drama.

Katrina said...

YEAH!!!!! I can't believe you were so calm when you got home from finding out!!! Congrats!

Meredith said...

That's a cute story!!!The Dora Mermaid...classic!!

Congrats on a girl - she will be one spoiled chica!!!

Kristen M. said...

Congratulations! She's going to be one lucky girl -- having 3 older brothers to look out for her! I always wanted an older brother.

Lorena said...

Hooray! We love girls!

chelon:) said...

congrats!! that is so exciting. i am going to vote on the name chelon!! sorry jeannie....you are out :)

Strong Family - said...

Yeah!!! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you. You won't be the only girl in the house anymore. :-) Lauree

Holly and Brad said...

Yay!!! We are sooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet her!

Alicia said...

Congrads, Jody!
Get ready for a lot of PINK!
And Barbie movies and dresses and OH...SO FUN!
WE are excited for you!!!!!

Stacy said...

Yeah!!!! how fun bring on the pink.Little girls are so fun!!!!

The Thomas Crew said...

Yay!! I hope that you get your wish. Little girls are soooo different than boys. Prepare for emotional breakdowns, lol. Congrats!!!! Happy holidays to you guys :)

Stephanie T said...

Yeah! Your boys are going to be so darling with their little sister.

Krista said...

How exciting! Sounds like she is going to have all of those boys wrapped around her little finger! Girls are so much fun, but watch out for those mood swings--they can hit you right between the eyes when you least expect it! :)

Ralphie said...

What a huge change for you Jody! Eat her up! Baby girls are so easy to spoil!

Janssen said...

WOW! Congratulations!!!

Beccalynn81 said...

Hi Jody! I had been meaning to email you to find out about your sonogram findings and then just saw you commented on Jessica Krohn's blog, so I found the link to your blog. I'm so excited for you! I know you'll be so excited to go shopping for girl clothes! Congrats!