Then he was doing the potty dance and I almost went into labor running him to the bathroom and back before his team started fielding. He got a little bored during the fielding half of the inning and this was his typical stance (after I got him to put his glove on the correct hand):
For the grandparents, here is his second at bat--he does need to work on running faster. (Turn down the volume so you don't hear my yelling so loud in the background.)
Jake's game was at 3:00 p.m. (*awesome* time for 3-4 year olds to play a game) and by then it had warmed up into the 80s, so he was hot and tired. On his first at bat, he hit it off the T on the first try. (My camera was on some funky setting so this picture is too light -- you can see the shadow of the ball, though.)
Jake was getting pretty tired at the end of the second inning (they play two innings), so this was one of his typical fielding positions.
He did a pretty good job of hitting the ball and running on this second at bat. (Again, keep the volume low so you don't have to hear me yelling.)
It will be fun to see them play and progress through the season.
4 comments:
ADORABLE!!! I love the watching the small kids play ball... so much more fun that the big ones! They don't take it NEAR as serious and.... they only have two innings! :-)
Nice! Hopefully they had some fun!
You'll have to teach Jake not to throw the bat (lol!). That will get him "out" in little league. They are too cute!
Looks like ya'll have a sports loving family! I hope I can convince Brandon to let our kids play. I played softball all through my growing up and really want my kids to play. He never played any little league at all! Maybe Lillian will be ready in another summer or two.
Post a Comment