The other night I was talking to J.D. and Jake about the baby and because she was moving around a lot I was letting them feel my belly so they could feel her moving. I then asked them if they wanted to talk to the baby in my belly. They picked some pretty funny things to tell her:
J.D. said, "I'm J.D. I'm going to be your big brother. I have blue eyes."
Jake said, "I'm Jake. I have brown eyes. I have ten fingers." Jake then sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to my belly.
The unintended side effect of this conversation was that J.D. started asking very detailed questions about where babies come from--questions I wasn't totally prepared to answer. But, we had a pretty good conversation. They are both really excited to be big brothers to a baby sister.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your boys are going to be so cute with their baby sister!
Are you ever prepared for those types of questions? Umm, I don't think so. Mine asked me when I was having lunch with him at school on Friday what virgin means? At least because of where we were at I could say we would talk about it at home.
I like that Jake told the baby his color of eyes, too. Once J.D. started it, it was only natural to follow suit.
How sweet! I bet they are excited!
I'm waiting a couple of years before I have my next one and I can't wait to see how Lillian and Andrew do with it since Lillian was so small still when Andrew was born and didn't really understand it.
Lindsay could draw them a picture. And this is a super sweet conversation! This girl has no chance of ever dating or even talking to a boy for that matter!
My first time here and I'm dying laughing at the funny things your kids say. Sooo cute.
Post a Comment