Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

We had a low-key Valentine's day at home since it was a Sunday and Jake and I were the only ones who went to church since J.D. hadn't been feeling well so Jim and the other kids stayed home with him. After dinner of Chicken Puffs and veggies, the kids were excited to get ready for bed and open their Valentine's present from Grandma and Grandpa and cards from Nana.

Joey loved the Thomas Valentine book and immediately started reading it.

Janalynn (and her bright blue eyes) loved her kitty and book.

The boys loved their play dough and wanted to play with it immediately.

They all loved their cards from Nana and can't wait to go buy their treats. J.D. and Jake both made some Valentines for us at school. Jake made the one on the left and when I went to pick him up at school he handed it to me and said, "Mom, I love you so much, Happy Valentine's Day." (I just have to remember that when he is frustrating me!) J.D. was supposed to make the one on the right at his school Valentine's party, but when I got to the school to help with it, he looked like he felt awful (red eyes from rubbing them and frowning and sad), so I took him to the nurse and he had a fever, so we just went home. Luckily, I got the supplies from his teacher and he made this at home when he felt better.

Jim and I also exchanged gifts and he had given me flowers a few days earlier. He and I also went out on a date night the Friday before (to beat the crowds). Our whole family had a nice day with lots of LOVE!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I'm glad he's feeling better, that was a rough week!!