When each guest arrived, we had them dress in J.D.'s Wall-E costume and pose with the "set." Here is J.D. demostrating. We plan to send out the photos with the Thank You Notes (which we will finally be doing soon!!!)
I found a print-out for some Wall-E googles that the kids could cut out and glue and I made some placemats for them to color. Some of the boys were really into these crafts (like J.D.) and others were not and found other things to do.
Note the goody bags--I cut out the letters from magazines for each name and my mom glued them on crumpled paper sacks, then I used stamping ink to run tracks across them to look like Wall-E had been there.
One of the biggest hits of the party was a building contest were each of the boys were given a set of Legos that would build Wall-E and they had a race to build them. I found these Lego sets online and the small business that sold them was clearly small--the instructions were handwritten and not very clear. However, with some assistance they all made their Lego Wall-E.
I found a Wilton Wall-E cake pan on clearance at Michael's a few months before the party, so I bought it and thought I could do the cake myself since my usual cake decorator had just had a baby. I did do it myself, but it was LOTS of WORK!!! I think it turned out pretty well for my amateur skills and supplies, but it definitely took more time than I planned. It was good that my mom was here to help me so she could do everything else.
Here's J.D. getting ready to blow out the candles.
Finally, it was quiet after the boys were all eating their cake!
J.D.'s friends and family got him some great presents, including this Webkinz. Now we have entered the world of virtual pets (which I must say I like better than real pets for the maintenance factor).
J.D. had a great time (despite the chaos) and we were glad Grandma was here to help and celebrate with us. After the party, Janalynn decided she would test out the Wall-E scenery. She was very proud of herself.
3 comments:
You are so nice! That was really, really fun and you have the best ideas. The boys really loved the wall-e lego too. I love the pic of Janalynn, she's such a hoot. Happy Bday J.D.!! See ya on Webkinz :)
I love the Wall-E theme! That is so cute! The cake is awesome! You did a great job! I wish I were that talented when it came to that sort of thing! Looks like an awesome birthday!
What a FUN party! Fun idea to do Wall-E. Maybe I'll have to copy for Carter's party in a few months:)
Post a Comment