We flew in on Wednesday morning. (Janalynn and I left Texas at 8:30 a.m. and arrived in San Diego at 9:30 a.m.--gotta love time zone changes.) We met Megan at the airport and took a shuttle to our hotel--The Westin in downtown San Diego. Here is the view from the elevator.
Janalynn and Megan on the elevator.
We had some nice accommodations. Janalynn even had a "Heavenly Crib." At least that is what the hotel called it. She was happy to be in this picture.
After we got settled in our hotel, we got some lunch at a sandwich place, then I went to my meetings while Janalynn took a nap and Megan did homework in the dark hotel room. When I was finished, we took a walk along the ocean. We saw this Harbor Excursion place and had to take a picture for the flashback.
Six years ago when J.D. was one, he and Jim went to San Diego with me for this same seminar and we stayed for part of the weekend. We decided to go on a whale watching excursion. However, when we got out of the harbor, the water was really choppy and J.D. threw up all over me. We used up all of our wipes to clean the boat and clean me and J.D. as best we could, then the boat captain decided to turn back because it was too choppy, but gave us a one-hour harbor tour instead. Fortunately, J.D. fell asleep shortly after he threw up, but, unfortunately, he and I smelled like vomit for the rest of the boat ride and it was making me nauseous (even though I normally don't get motion sick) since I had to smell it. Anyway, on this trip, when I saw the Harbor Excursion booth, I had to take a picture to remember that "wonderful" excursion with J.D. and Jim.
We also took a picture with the "popcorn" chicken.
Gotta love the self-taken shots.
We fed Janalynn some dinner in the hotel room, then we took a cab to a restaurant called Oceanaire with some of my work colleagues. We had some really yummy seafood and desserts. Poor Janalynn was a trooper, but since we didn't get to the restaurant until 7:30 p.m. Pacific time (9:30 p.m. Texas time--way after her bedtime), I had to rock her to sleep and she slept in my arms for most of dinner. Then we took her home to bed.
The next day (Thursday), I had meetings all day. Megan and Janalynn went to the mall and went shopping, hung out in the hotel, took naps, and played. Since Janalynn had been out so late the night before, we decided to just stay in and order room service. Megan got ready to go to the hot tub while we waited for our food. Here she is enjoying her yummy chicken.
The dessert was really good too.
The next morning (Friday), Janalynn and Megan went to the pool hotel and Janalynn took a nap. After we checked out of the hotel, Megan and Janalynn took the ferry to Coronado island and had some lunch. Here's Janalynn on the ferry. Here's Megan with Janalynn.
3 comments:
that is so gross about the excursion with J.D. ( you know I'm gagging right now!! hehehe) Megan looks like she's have fun with sweet Janalynn! San Diego is awesome!
How fun! I got to go to Washington DC with my sister and her 1 year old baby years ago and it was SO much fun. I bet Megan and Janalynn just loved it.
That dessert looks heavenly! Please share next time! ;)
Looks like an awesome trip!
Post a Comment