Sunday, March 30, 2008

Fun in the Sun!

After we all worked up a sweat working in the garden on Thursday afternoon (except Joey who was napping), the boys put on their swim suits and tried out our newly purchased from Target Diego slip n' slide and Pablo (Backyardigans) sprinkler. They all got soaked and had a great time in the nearly 90 degree weather (incidently it was about 70 and rainy for the next two days--that is Central Texas weather for you). Jake and J.D. wouldn't actually slide on the slip and slide, but they ran down it and slipped accidentally a few times--hilarious.

When I was setting up the slip and slide, Joey walked over and sat down in a little puddle and I could tell that he wasn't too happy to be sitting in a puddle of cold water, but he seems to get over stuff pretty quickly and just sat there until I helped him stand up. He also ran under the sprinkler and just stood there while it pelted him with water as though he was just trying to figure out why he was intermittently getting soaked. Here are some pics:


Slip n' Accidentally Slide


Sprinkler Fun

Puzzled Joey


Soaked, but Happy

3 comments:

Meredith said...

You have quite the Texas sized back yard! We have been going to the pool...that still is weird for me to do in March!!!

Jeannie said...

Fancy new background!!! It's very cool! Slipin' and a'slidin' looks very fun! Good luck with the garden!!! See you tomorrow for (gasp) Kinder registration!! :( I still can't believe it's time for that!!!!

Jamie said...

I love Jake's face in the last one. He looks truly happy!