Just when I thought I was caught up on blogging, we had another busy week. On Monday, we were invited to a BBQ/swim party at our neighbor's house to celebrate Memorial Day. I took my camera, but was too busy watching the kids in the pool and visiting with friends to take any pictures.
On Tuesday, Janalynn was one month old. I didn't get a very good picture of her because she kept getting grouchy every time I got the camera. She is starting to smile sometimes, though, and she even smiled at Jake the next day and I got a cute picture of him holding her.
Tuesday night, Jake and J.D. had make-up T-ball games because some Saturday games had been cancelled because of rain. Again, didn't get any pictures.
Wednesday was J.D.'s Kindergarten field trip. They went to an IMAX 3-D movie called "Under the Sea," then had a snack and played at the park. I caught up with him at the park and got a couple of pictures.
Yesterday was J.D.'s Kindergarten Celebration--to celebrate that he "passed" Kindergarten and gets to go to 1st Grade. (Another way we've made up to celebrate mediocrity--anyone know to what movie I'm referring?) The kids got certificates from their teacher, then did a parade around the hallways where the older students cheered them on. Then they went back to their classroom and had a pizza party.
Here he is with us:
Here he is with his teacher.
Congratulations, J.D.!
4 comments:
Didn't you have a Kindergarten graduation when you were young? I know I did... maybe Utah is just weird... ;D
The only graduations I have had are high school, college, and law school--no kindergarten, fifth grade, or jr high--they were cheap in Utah back when I was in school.
I can't believe how big she is getting! It goes by so fast!
I know a little line in Meet the Fockers that discusses "celebrating mediocrity" but I'm guessing that might not be the movie to which you refer to.
"That was totally wicked!!!" I like The Incredibles, my kids have never seen it because I'm a mean Mommy. We tried to watch it on TV once and Jack got scared and we turned it off.
Post a Comment