Sunday, May 24, 2009

J.D. & Jake's First Fishing Trip

Yesterday, Jim took the boys fishing with some other guys from the ward. They went to a river not too far away. The boys were excited to use the new fishing poles they got for Easter.

J.D. caught the biggest fish of the day (a six-inch catfish), but he wouldn't touch it so Jim could take a picture, so Jim is holding it in front of J.D. to take a picture with his cell phone and that makes the fish look bigger that it really was. Also, J.D. had a little help catching it because when he realized there was something on his pole, he dropped it and another kid picked up the pole and started reeling it in, then J.D. reeled it in the rest of the way.

Jake also caught a couple of little fish and Jim caught a few. They threw all the fish back and didn't bring any home. (I'm glad!)

1 comment:

Kristen M. said...

Haha! I love that J.D. dropped the pole and that he wouldn't touch the fish. I would do the same thing. That's why I never go fishing!