. . . you are in the airport parking garage (after dropping off your mom and sister whose help you are going to sorely miss) and you are in the middle of changing a newborn poopy blowout on the front seat of your van that is all over the baby and her clothes and her car seat and your four-year-old son says, "Mom, I need to go potty!" (He had just gone about 45 minutes earlier at a restaurant.)?
You are eternally grateful that when you were at Babies R Us a few years ago you purchased this and it has been in your van ever since:

The On-the-Go-Potette, portable potty.
(Incidentally, when I was finished changing Janalynn and having Jake pee in the portable potty, Joey said, "Mom, poops." I told him, "Too bad, even if you are poopy, you have to wait until we get home." He wasn't--I think he just wanted the chance to get out of his carseat like his siblings. Then when we got home, Janalynn had another blowout, Joey leaked out onto his bedding and shorts during his nap, and Jake had a bit of a poop accident. I am recording this day for myself so when they are all teenagers I will look back and think "changing poop and pee was easy.")
5 comments:
There's something about the airport ... Once we were waiting to pick up my sister and the kid was in his pajamas in the back and he puked all over himself. We had to wrap him in a sweatshirt and blanket and sit in the stinky car until we could get home and really clean it. I hope that there is at least nothing so gross when he's a teen!
Haaa! I'm having my fourth kid. Do I seriously have to buy that contraption and store it in my newly-purchased mini-van that I swore I would never buy? Am I seriously complaining about cool, modern-day conveniences? No, I'm done.
They will love this when you share it with them and their dates! Some days are poop days...
I am laughing so hard as I read this. Not at you, just feeling for you! AND laughing that you actually had that contraption handy. Preparedness!
Wow. . . sounds like such a . . . .fun. . . day. :) You are so good to look for the potty. When my kids have to pee I just get them out of the car and say something like. . , "go pee on that weed." or something of that nature. I'll probably get in trouble one day for that. But hopefully one day, they will have learned to hold it a little longer.
Post a Comment