Grandma arrived late Thursday night and has been a huge help.
Grandma's help is mostly needed because it requires lots of energy and vigilence to make sure Joey doesn't hurt Janalynn. He has been really interested in her and has added several new phrases to his vocabulary, such as "baby crying," "sleepy" or "sleeping," "baby stuck" (meaning she is seatbelted in her car seat or bouncer chair), and "Nana" which is the best he can say Janalynn. On the flipside, he has started throwing major temper tantrums where he throws himself down on the ground and rolls around on the ground and bangs his head (usually on the tile). J.D. and Jake love to hold Janalynn and want to try to make her feel better if she is crying. However, there does seem to be an escalation of uncooperative and grouchy behavior by both of them this week also. So, for now, we are glad they were all smiling in this picture:
5 comments:
It sure can be tough trying to help the older kids get used to having a new baby around when that baby requires so much attention. Good luck with all of that! :)
I hope the kids adapt to Jana after a bit! Hope you and Janet are having fun.
Congratulations! She is beautiful, and it is fun to see that splash of pink thrown in with those boys. I love it when my mom comes to help. I love having her around, and she really helps my kids make that transition when I am still sooo tired. Good luck!!
I love the group picture of the kids! I guess it is quite an adjustment for the other siblings with a new one...guess I know what I have to look forward to in a couple of years. Mine were so close in age, I didn't have that as much with the 2nd one. I hope everyone is enjoying that beautiful girl!
How sweet! Congratulations!
Post a Comment