Monday, August 18, 2008

DAMAGED . . . bleh!!!

I don't have a good record with package delivery drivers who park in my way.

About 4 years ago I was backing out of a parking spot at J.D.'s babysitter's apartment and because a FedEx truck was parked behind me in front of a row of parked cars and left me hardly any room, I was swinging wide to avoid it and I scraped the front passenger side corner of my car on a post and caused $1200 worth of damage to my car.

On Thursday, it happened again. I was parked at Jake's preschool and while I was buckling him in the car, a DHL truck pulled up and parked behind me blocking the driveway to the small parking lot. Because I didn't see him park there and I was distracted by kids and talking to my mom in the car and could not see the truck in my mirror (it was just blocking my passenger corner), I backed right into the truck. It did nothing to his truck, but did this to my bumper/bumper cover:


Is it just me or do these package delivery drivers just have parking issues that cause danger or damage?

1 comment:

Bart said...

Ooh. NOT cool of that delivery driver.

Wait a minute. Why am I commenting? You're not even in my ward!