Monday, August 4, 2008

Tagged & Fun Memory Post

Rachel tagged me a few weeks ago and I just realized I haven't posted anything for a while, so I will finally post the tag and also do the fun memory post that I have seen lots of other people do lately to see if anyone will actually post a comment on my blog!

TAG

Name 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random/surprising facts about yourself - then tag 3 people.

3 Joys

Family
Serving Others
Friends

3 Fears

Something happening to a family member
Disappointing others
Conflict--I HATE conflict! (So, why, do you ask, am I an attorney--well, to resolve conflict)

3 Goals (Short-term)

Finally finishing that last unpacking and organizing from our move (well over a year ago)
Making it through the last month of summer before school starts
Finally hanging the Roman Shade in my kitchen that my mom and I started making eight months ago.

3 Current Obsessions

Blogging/Facebook
Reading (I haven't had much time to read since I picked up Breaking Dawn the other night, so I'm only on page 72).
Gardening (But I've surrended to the Texas heat and plan to pick up in the fall. Right now I have a big weed patch).

3 Random Facts

I hate grocery shopping and Jim does most of our grocery shopping.
I like a clean house, but I hate the actual deep cleaning that it takes to keep it clean (I'll do it when necessary, but I hate it.)
I read lots of people's blogs about photography, but I don't own PhotoShop.

I can't really think of anyone to tag (I'm extremely sleep deprived, but wanted something new on the blog for my sister to read), so anyone who wants to do this--feel free.

Now, for the Memories post.

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.

6 comments:

Emily said...

It's been a long time, but one memory that I have of you may just be my own opinion, but you're a lawyer so I'm probably not far off. I just remember in middle school and high school always thinking, when I saw you, that you were very smart and that I wished that I was as smart as you. But, you weren't cocky smart, just simply smart, but not trying to be better than anyone else. Okay, so I always thought that you were humble, down to earth and very brilliant.

Jeannie said...

My memory is not specific, it's just the memory that pops up from each time we've had time together.

I love that we always laugh when we are together. Whether we are cooking, planning, in a meeting, shopping, reading or just talking, we always have laughed and had fun :)

Meredith said...

Not super specific, but I remember being recruited to join your FHE group in our ward shortly after Steve and I moved to the ward. Playing fun games, like Cranium come to mind! Oh, and serving in YW with you!

Lorena said...

I remember about hearing that you had dated you-know-who and since I was getting strung along by you-know-who, I wanted to get some advice and commiserate...and oh, the memories since then!

soupr_mom said...

Pretty much all of my memories of you include the rest of the clan. My favorite memory of us all was when we played Murderer in the Dark at the cabin a couple years ago. It was such a blast!

Kami R said...

I have so many that it is hard to name just one. Mostly I think about holidays, card games and swimming in your pool. Specifically, I recall a game of Cranium and the word "subpoena". I'll leave it at that! The funniest memory has more to do with Jim that I recently shared with you two!!!