Monday, August 18, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa's Visit - Day 2

I decided I would break down our nearly week-long visit with Grandma & Grandpa into several posts because I don't know if I'll be able to get it all done in one sitting (it has been a long day and I need to get to bed).

On Monday, Grandpa (who doesn't often take vacations that are just vacations without bringing his 18-wheeler and working) decided to do some yard work and help our sorry gravel area look decent again. It looks awesome now--thanks Dad! I had to post a pic of him working on his vacation, mostly for my siblings who will get a kick out of it.

Later, we met Jim for dinner at Chuy's--a Tex-Mex restaurant. This was the first time the kids and I had been to Chuy's (yes, I know you fellow Texans are wondering why it has taken me over a year and a half to go there, but I don't get out much.) It was yummy and we will have to go more often. Then, Jim, J.D., Jake, Grandma & Grandpa went late to the Triple A baseball game and had a great time (eating treats AND watching).

the field

eating cotton candy

eating popcorn

drinking a drink


Joey and I stayed home. He went to bed and I got some work done in the peace and quiet. That was good too!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You're right, I did get a kick out of Dad working on his vacation. Hallelujah Justin got his work ethic or I'd never have clean clothes!
p.s. Grandma Laub has a blogsite now. The address is grandmalaub.blogspot.com. Thought you'd like to know!