On Sunday, we found out that our stake presidency (church leaders who are over a group of congregations) were going to change the boundaries for 4 wards (congregations) in our area and make 6 wards. We went to a big meeting on Sunday evening to find out which ward we would be in. J.D. kept asking why we were going back to church and I explained to him that we were going to get a new ward, so then he kept saying we were going to the church to meet our ward.
Anyway, we got there and although Jim and I had to keep taking turns wrestling, restraining, and muffling Joey (not really on the muffling part, but he was screaming pretty loud a few times), we found out that we are in a new ward. We will now be driving to a building a little farther away (about 15 miles away for you Utahns that can walk to church) and we get to go to church at 12:30 p.m.--Joey's nap time. Can't wait! At least this Sunday we only have sacrament meeting (an hour and 15 minutes instead of 3 hours) since nothing is organized yet. We will also find out soon what callings we will have, so that will be fun! We will miss the friends we've made who are not in our ward anymore, but we plan to keep in touch (don't worry, I'll still be blog stalking all of you--you won't be able to get rid of me).
P.S. For all you Google Reader people out there, I have finally updated my blog background, picture, etc. so come check it out!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
It looks great!
And I'm sad you guys are in the other ward now - good thing for blogs :)
Well, at least since we are in the other building we will be able to get nice and cozy in Sacrament meeting. I'm glad your family is still in my ward!
I guess there are around 5 active families coming GT ward and 8 active families from the old OS ward. But then over 30+ from the RR. It should be interesting on Sunday.
We will miss seeing you guys on Sundays. I hope we can keep the playgroup thing going!
I'm bummed that you guys aren't in our ward anymore. But I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon.
love the new background. sad about all the changes going on in the wards/ but excited for a bit smaller more intimate gathering! maybe i will get something out of church...maybe not!! thrilled we are in the same ward though!
I am glad to know that you will still be "blog stalking" as will I. I love being able to check in touch with people.
BTW-I have never told you before but I am really impressed with your garden!!!
That is great that you only met for sacrament meeting on the first big day. Our stake just reorg'ed and the ward that were jacked up met for the full 3 hr block and just stuck manuals in people's hands and said "go teach." Nice.
Post a Comment